We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something!
Mother Teresa

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

kathy's bag a MAN BAG?


A lot of surprises awaited us on a weekend get-away to the remote corner of northeast Washington. When we arrived in the parking lot of Sullivan Lake this gentleman was waiting on the shoreline with the transportation of choice to the the rustic cabin in which we would be spending the weekend.  Little did he know the story behind kathy's bag when he offered to strap it on his shoulder for his 1/4 mile trek through the woods while hubby and I paddled our way across the lake.  The next day I shared with him the story behind kathy's bag.  


This was one the most relaxing weekends I can recall.  In the early mornings this lake was like a sheet of glass and I was happy to be paddling around with my kathy's bag at my side.


A helping hand was always required while entering and exiting the kayaks, unless you needed a bath.



This beautiful women is one of the kindest God-loving friends anyone could ask for.  She has blessed me with her friendship and has been gracious to share her children and grandchildren with me.  Our move to Spokane would not have been as smooth without her presence.  She is the wife of the gentleman who offered to carry my kathy's bag on the first day there.

Do we really need to head home?  This picture says it all........
We had a fabulous time.  Thank, Mark and Patti!
kathy's bag enjoyed the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment